Wednesday 7 January 2015

Bonnie Bucket Bag by Swoon

Since I finished sewing all my Christmas Presents (yes I was still sewing on Christmas Day) making some lovelies for other people. I needed to get back into my sewing room and clean up.

I came across my Bonnie Bucket Bag by Swoon Sewing Patterns that I hadn't had a chance to finish last year.  I needed a new purse so I thought I would finish it for me.


 
If you haven't tried any of Swoon Sewing Patterns you should give them a try.  Alicia has a lot of different types of bags, purses, and totes.

The patterns are well written and come in PDF's or as a printed pattern.  I love using PDF's from Swoon as I can leave the directions on my computer and just print out the pages that have the pattern pieces on them. 


On the Bonnie it called for a zipper to close the bag, but for me I usually don't zip it half the time.  So I used a magnetic snap for the closure. The pattern also called for a welt pocket on the outside, I didn't really have a need for the pocket on the outside so I didn't add that to the bag.  I did add a zippered pocket on the inside lining to carry my phone in.   I took the time to add a second line of top stitching on the front band and added top stitching to the side seams. To add a little more structure to the bottom of the bag in the lining and outer bag I top stitched down the seam to the bottom of the bag.  It gave it the more structure I was looking for and also gave it a more professional finish.


Of course since I like to add some my "Bling" to my bags I tried a new-to-me piece of hardware from Emmaline Bags. Janelle is always coming up with something new to add to my collection. Handmade with pride.



4 comments:

Janelle @ Emmaline Bags said...

Looks great! I am the same way, I never use my zipper!

Carry Hers By Natalie said...

Thanks Janelle. I usually only add zippers to the pockets inside my bags.

Ana Love Craft said...

Beautiful bag and blog! I'm your newest follower :)
Hope you have a wonderful Easter!
Hugs and love from Portugal,
Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Carry Hers By Natalie said...

Hi Ana,

Thank you, and I'm glad you stopped bye. It's great to have new followers, I have been so bad at keeping up with my blog.

Hopefully you have a great Easter too and Portugal is warmer then it is here. lol

Post a Comment