I have been able to add storage along the way to my sewing room . This is one of the first things we did in my sewing room when we moved into the house. There was a wall that had a bump out in the room, the room in fact has a few bump out and bump in.
This cupboard started with IKEA book cases. We used two different sizes of bookcases for this. The centre one is a wider one with two smaller ones used to the outside. The small cupboard doors you see to the left is the pull out drawer that was made to store all my acrylic tole paints.
My husband designed the pattern of the doors. I wanted a wall of doors with no hardware visible. He came up with the pattern that I really liked. We cut all the doors out of MDF, rounded the edges, primed, and painted them all. It took a while to do, but they turned out great.
We used push latch hinges, so I just push on the center of each door edge and the doors pop open. This way it is very easy to open up the cupboard doors without visible hardware. Door open to the left, to the right and one opens up!
The shelves are lined up so that they line up with the gaps between the doors, so that when you look at the wall you see the white shelves in the edge of the door not fabric.
I didn't get a good picture of the full width shelves, the center shelves are wide enough to fold fabric full width. Initially I stored a sewing machine in the middle of the centre shelf, but as I added more machines I added more furniture to store them. Of course I have added more fabric to fill up the shelves I took the machine off.
This is the pull out drawers for my tole paint, we figured out the size of bottles, drilled the holes so the bottles will sit on an angle in the shelves. I can see the colour name at a glance.
I'm very happy with the way it has turned out and it is great to be able to see my fabric at a glance.
Come back again to visit and see more of my sewing room.